Whole Grain Sweet Potato-Banana Muffins
makes 9 muffins
- 100 g (about 3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (about 3/4 cup) whole wheat pastry flour
- 100 g (about 1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 10 g (about 2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2 g (about 1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2 g (about 1/2 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 large sweet potato, mashed to equal 125 g (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed to equal 100 g (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Melted white chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients (through ground cinnamon) in a large bowl, making a well in center of mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Using ice scream scoop, portion batter evenly into lined muffin pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.