Roasted Butternut Squash with Walnut and Cherries
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place butternut squash on a stable cutting board; pierce all along the body of the squash with a knife.
- Microwave on HIGH 6 minutes or just until slightly tender (do not overcook). Remove from microwave and let cool slightly. Cut butternut squash in half just above the base/bulb end of the squash; cut off end. Peel butternut squash. Cut bottom half in half lengthwise; use spoon to scoop out seeds. Continue cutting and cubing butternut squash.
- Place cubed squash on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Baked at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes or until tender and roasted.
- Let cool and top with walnuts and dried cherries. Can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled