Avocado Lime Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Coconut Crust
- For the Crust:
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1½ cup unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Ice Cream Filling:
- 3 avocados, pitted and without skin
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Pinch of salt
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil (or butter) and chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and mix in coconut.
In a greased 8-inch pie pan, pour in the crust mixture and gently press until bottom and sides are covered. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
In a blender or food processor, add avocados, milk, sugar, yogurt and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour into and spread over pie crust. Freeze until firm (at least 2 hours.) Let stand at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes before cutting and serving.