Purple Sweet Potatoes with Miso Butter
Makes 6 halves
- 3 large purple sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons miso paste, any kind
- Chopped fresh cilantro and green onions, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with the tines of a fork. Rub all over with olive oil. Wrap each sweet potato with a square of aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake 45 minutes until potatoes are tender. You may want to check at 30 minutes if your potatoes are on the smaller side. You can check for doneness by squeezing with an oven mitt protected hand or inserting a knife into the wrapped potato. It should go in easily.
- While potatoes are baking, mix together butter and miso paste with a fork until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When potatoes are baked, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut in half and top with a hefty dollop of miso butter. Garnish with scallions and cilantro.