Pumpkin Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 cups no salt added vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk (or 2 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 small pototoes, diced (12 ounces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions, and saute for 10 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, broth, coconut milk, and water. Stir well.
- Add curry powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper if using. Stir well and add potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chickpeas and cauliflower, and simmer for another 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Taste and add seasoning as needed.
*You'll use one can of pumpkin + one cup
*Feel free to taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Note that the flavor intensifies the longer it sits.