Serve these individual Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bundtlets for a healthy holiday dessert! Tweet this
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bundtlets
Makes 9 bundtlets
- 120 g (1 cup) white whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur)
- 160 g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, about 1/2 (15-ounce) can
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a bundtlet pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine oil, pumpkin, eggs, and buttermilk until well blended. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture, and stir just until blended.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 tablespoon chocolate chips into bottom of each bundtlet. Spoon batter into bundtlets filling 1/2 full (depending on size of bundtlet pans you may need to repeat with remaining chips and batter.)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Let cool in pan at least 10 minutes.
Regan Jones is the Founding Editor and Sponsorship Director of HealthyAperture and is the author of the QUICK FIX KITCHEN Feature - a collection of recipes that focuses on shortcut cooking without shortcut taste. Her recipes largely focus on baked goods and desserts ranging from gluten free to sugar free to slightly indulgent eats for the entire family, but also include easy everyday recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Jones is a registered dietitian and owner the web's most prominent portfolio of dietitian-owned websites, including HealthyAperture.com, TheRecipeReDux.com, BlogBrulee.com and RDs4Disclosure.org. She is also the host of the podcast, This Unmillennial Life, which was recently named New & Noteworthy on iTunes.More posts by ReganJonesRD