This recipe for Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Banana Muffins makes the perfect healthy morning snack.
~by Regan Jones, RD
Mondays are for muffins around my house. Very often, we're enjoying blueberry... we're kind of predictable that way. But sometimes, you want to switch things up AND you want to make sure the swap out is a healthy one.
These sweet potato banana muffins are a fun, kid-friendly way to change up your morning muffin routine.
This recipe for Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Banana Muffins makes the perfect healthy morning snack. Tweet this
Whole Grain Sweet Potato-Banana Muffins
makes 9 muffins
- 100 g (about 3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (about 3/4 cup) whole wheat pastry flour
- 100 g (about 1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 10 g (about 2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2 g (about 1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2 g (about 1/2 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 large sweet potato, mashed to equal 125 g (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed to equal 100 g (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Melted white chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients (through ground cinnamon) in a large bowl, making a well in center of mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Using ice scream scoop, portion batter evenly into lined muffin pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.