A unique twist on traditional tailgating recipes, this 5 Ingredient, quick and easy Smoky Sweet Potato Dip is healthy upgrade for your gameday spread.
~by Regan Jones, RD
If you're thinking "Sweet potato? In a dip? What?"
Don't hesitate for one moment. You will love it. Smooth, creamy, spicy, smoky... it's all in there. Plus, it's power-packed with fiber + vitamin A... this one will definitely fill you up for those LONG game days.
Smoky Sweet Potato Dip
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- Bake sweet potato at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly and peel.
- Place baked sweet potato in small food processor or blender; add remaining ingredients. Pulse until well combined. Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh veggies, crackers or tortilla chips.
*Recipe originally developed for The Southeast Dairy Association.