Let your slow cooker do the work in simmering this mulled wine inspired holiday drink - Crockpot Cranberry Wassail
With the exception of very heavy recipe testing days, I can go all year without ever needing to use my second oven. When the holidays arrive it's like my kitchen can't offer enough cooking space.
That's what's so great about your slow cooker. Sure, during the year it's a life saver for days away from the kitchen, easy weeknight meals and overnight breakfasts. But for the holidays it's a must - from appetizers to side dishes and one of my personal favorite holiday drinks, Wassail.
See how simple it is to stir up a batch of this festive holiday beverage!
Let your slow cooker do the work in simmering this mulled wine inspired holiday drink - Crockpot Cranberry Wassail Tweet this
Crockpot Cranberry Wassail
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1 (750 mL) bottle sweet white wine (I used Moscato)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 apple, sliced into rings
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup light brown sugar (amount needed will depend on sweetness of wine)
- Garnish: fresh cranberries
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker; cook on HIGH 3 hours or LOW 5 hours.
- To serve, pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids.