This summer, come together with friends, family and this simple Grain-Free Carrot Cake, a true crowd pleaser with cream cheese frosting.
One of the best things about summer is it seems to draw people together.
It's easier to pull families together as school schedules allow more flexibility with kids. The weather is so much more agreeable for road trips and outdoor festivities. I don't know about your crew, but mine can't wait to get outside and run around when family and friends are around. And I love it.
Putting down the screens, stepping away from the chores, and being with people.
And if you know me, you know I love to have some yummy baked thing to bring out to everyone too. Today's recipe is no different... and a classic made grain-free!
This Simple Grain-Free Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting really is easy and delicious. It's not fussy or full of extra things, like raisins, coconut, or pineapple, that always seem to turn up a kid's nose. (Though I'd never complain if you added them in!)
But honestly, such an easy (grain-free!) dump-and-stir cake that will have your friends and family singing your praises and wanting to come back next weekend!
Get together with friends, family and this simple Grain-Free Carrot Cake, a true crowd pleaser @kumquatblog Tweet this
Simple Grain-Free Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, vinegar, and carrots with a wire whisk.
- Add sugar mixture to almond flour mixture; stir with a wire whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into an 12- x 8-inch well-greased pan (or 9- x 9-inch pan). Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until pick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean. Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and milk/cream. Beat until fluffy. Spread evenly over cake. Garnish with fresh carrots, if desired.