Use dried figs and ginger to create a gourmet-quality homemade fig jam in just minutes.
Use dried figs and ginger to create a gourmet-quality homemade fig jam in just minutes. Tweet this
Quick Fig Jam
Makes 3/4 cup
- 10 dried figs
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Place cooked fig mixture in a food processor; pulse, adding cooking liquid 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness and consistency.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.