These Pistachio and Cherry Yogurt Cheesecake Tarts make the perfect bite-sized dessert!
This post kicks off a new Healthy Aperture Blogger Network campaign sponsored by Yoplait®.
Recipe and photos by kumquat.
When you think of yogurt, the first thing that probably comes to mind is eating it for breakfast, perhaps with a little granola on top? But when you really start to think about it, yogurt is a very versatile food and can be so much more than that!
One of the best parts about yogurt is the wide variety of available fruit flavors. We're so excited to share that there's now more of what you love about Yoplait® yogurt- fruit! That's right. Some of your favorite original flavors now contain more fruit. Plus, every cup of Yoplait® has 20% daily value of calcium and vitamin D.
Yogurt can easily be enjoyed on its own, but can also be used in everything from desserts to baked goods to side dishes and appetizers.
These Pistachio and Cherry Yogurt Cheesecake Tarts are the perfect example. They're simple to make but look oh so elegant! Plus they're bite-sized which makes them extra fun to eat and the sweet and salty flavor combo will be a treat for your tastebuds!
Over the next two weeks we'll be sharing recipes from some of our Healthy Aperture Blogger Network bloggers and we can't wait to show you all of the creative ways that they're using yogurt:
- Julia @ A Cedar Spoon
- Lauren @ Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Ali @ Home and Plate
- Anne @ Craving Something Healthy
- Jodi @ Create Kids Club
- Marjory @ The Dinner Mom
- Amanda @ The Wholesome Dish
- Lisa @ Garlic and Zest
- Danae @ Recipe Runner
- Kaleigh @ Lively Table
- Brandy @ Nutmeg Nanny
#AD: These Pistachio and Cherry Yogurt Cheesecake Tarts from @kumquatblog are the perfect bite-sized dessert. Tweet this
Pistachio and Cherry Yogurt Cheesecake Tarts
10 mini tarts
- 1.75 cups shelled pistachios, divided
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 (6 ounce) container Yoplait Classic Cherry Yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cherries (plus more to garnish)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- To make the Crust: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place 1.5 cups pistachios (reserve remaining 1/4 cup for garnish) in the container of a food processor or blender. Pulse 2-3 times or until pistachios are coarsely chopped. Add oats and pulse 2-3 more times or until mixture is combined and chopped. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add sesame seeds, butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt to oat mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Spray 10 (3-ounce) tart pans or ramekins with cooking spray. Press about 3 tablespoons crust mixture into the bottom and up the side of pans. Place all pans on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Allow them to cool.
- To make the Filling: In the meantime, combine cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl at medium speed of an electric hand mixture until fluffy. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, until combined. Stir in cherry yogurt.
- Divide chopped fresh cherries evenly among baked, cooled tart crusts.
- Top cherries evenly with yogurt mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheesecake mixture is set and does not jiggle.
- To make the Garnish: Heat 2 tablespoons honey and 1/4 cup pistachios in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until mixture no longer bubbles, or until honey in sticky and reduced on pistachios, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a piece of parchment paper, spreading pistachios out in a single layer. Mixture will be very sticky. Let cool.
- Top tarts with honey-candied pistachios and chopped cherries.
- Serve tarts at room temperature or chilled.