Take the guesswork out of lunch and prepare these Pesto Veggies & Blue Cheese Lunch Bowls, loaded with variety and flavor for the win.
I tend to get a bit bored with prepping lunches for the week on Sunday. I know if I prep lunches ahead of time I'm happy I don't have to spend money on going out and buying lunch, but I don't like that I have no idea what I'll be craving Tuesday for lunch when it's Sunday afternoon.
My solution has been prepping some, but not all, of my lunches Sunday. I've been prepping five lunches for me and my husband to share throughout the week. So that leaves 2-3 lunches that get to be dinner leftovers, restaurant food or meals thrown together at the house if it's a day I get to be home at lunchtime.
These bowls were what was on the mini-meal prep menu this week.
Let's talk about them. They're great because 1) pesto and 2) blue cheese. The greens in this dish (broccolini and mustard greens) go swimming in a little pool of pesto, while the entire dish gets topped with a sprinkle of uber sharp cheese. The blue cheese + roasted sweet potato combo. YES.
I added chicken and beans for my protein, but these bowls would also be delish with a scoop of hummus. Oh and maybe like a drizzle of BBQ sauce next time. That could be a tasty thing.
What should you make for lunch next week? MAKE THIS! via @immaeatthatblog Tweet this
Pesto Veggies & Blue Cheese Lunch Bowls
- 5 sweet potaotes, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 broccolini stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 cups greens (I used mustard greens), sliced into 1" strips
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1, 15 oz can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze, optional
- 1/4 cup chives
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Toss sweet potatoes in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, sautè broccolini and greens in 1 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat for ~5 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water to the pan and allow veggies to steam until water evaporates, ~5 more minutes. Stir pesto into cooked veggies.
- Assemble bowls by combining roasted sweet potatoes, pesto veggies, rotisserie chicken and beans. Top with blue cheese, radish slices, balsamic glaze and chives.