Combine two favorite dessert recipes - peanut butter fudge and brownies - into a Gluten Free Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Pie. It's the perfect way to celebrate Pi Day!
There are two kinds of people in this world -- those who prefer a fork/spoon dessert and those who prefer a hand-held dessert. When it comes to what's on my dessert table, I believe the former are correct. (I know, because I'm one of them.)
The latter? Well, sadly my husband is one of those handheld dessert eaters. Clearly, he's wrong. But love forgives all, right?
Today, on National Pi Day, I'm offering up proof of how great a fork worthy dessert can be by sharing with you this pie.
Combine peanut butter fudge and brownies into the perfect gluten free pie to celebrate #PiDay Tweet this
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Pie
Serves 8 to 10
- 1/2 package gluten free brownie mix (I used gluten free Namaste brand, 8x8 size)
- 1 gluten free pie crust (I used Wholly Gluten Free brand)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or dark chocolate peanut butter (I used Aldi brand)
- 3/4 cup vanilla skyr or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Garnishes: vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions (do not bake). Spoon batter into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until batter is set.
- Meanwhile, place peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and cook on HIGH in 30 second intervals until thin and easily stirred. Add yogurt, honey (if desired) and water; stir until very smooth.
- Remove pie from oven. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Carefully spoon peanut butter mixture over top of pie in heaping tablespoons and smooth across top. Let stand until cooled.
- To serve, slice and top with desired garnishes. Store pie in refrigerator.