Skip the hassle of making dessert this holiday season with these easy No Bake Cheesecake Cups. With perfect balance sweet and tartness, 100% POM Wonderful pomegranate juice layers on a subtly sweet spoonable topping over a rich and creamy no bake cheesecake filling.
~by Regan Jones, RD
(Disclosure: This post and recipe were created as a part POM Wonderful’s sponsorship of Blog Brûlée. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make events like these possible for healthy living and registered dietitians across my network of brands!)
I was recently listening to a song on the radio with my kids (radio -- you know, that thing in your car that you use with Bluetooth to listen to podcasts and stream Spotify), when we heard a song they liked and asked me to rewind it.
Rewind the radio.
My car has neither Bluetooth, nor rewind, thank you very much. I may like fancy new desserts, but my car is neither fancy, nor new.
I know I sound like the old lady I’m quickly becoming when I say this, but seriously… how good do kids have it nowadays? Virtually anything can be recorded and re-wound, screen-shotted or streamed. Gone are the days of having to wait for the Top 40 countdown on Sunday to record your favorite song on cassette tape.
And while I may lament the loss of audio anticipation, year round kitchen ingredients make me happy.
Case in point — Pomegranate juice.
My life circa 1999 involved planning a November/December issue of Cooking Light Magazine… 1 year in advance. Not because our editorial calendar dictated it, but because that was the only time we could make beautiful, holiday-worthy healthy pomegranate inspired recipes...like this:
Fast forward to today and pomegranate is an any time of year recipe option thanks to POM Wonderful, the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the U.S. While fresh pomegranates are still just a seasonal treat, available from October through January, 100% Pomegranate Juice is available all year round.
Which means you can have a healthy, tasty dessert like this any time you want.
And trust me, you should want.
The perfect balance of a little sweet and a little tart, the POM Wonderful pomegranate juice I used to make the chia sauce on top of these No Bake Cheesecake Cups is a no-brainer. It layers on a subtly sweet spoonable topping that pairs wonderfully with the thick, creamy no bake cheesecake filling.
Plus, powered by a unique combo of punicalagins (the polyphenols unique to pomegranate) and anthocyanins (the antioxidants that give pomegranates their red color), this dessert is more than meets the eye.
I may not be able to rewind my radio, but I’ll definitely be putting this recipe on repeat.
AD: Skip the hassle of dessert this holiday w/easy @POMWonderful No Bake Cheesecake Cups. @healthyaperture Tweet this
No Bake Cheesecake Cups with Pomegranate-Chia Sauce
Makes 6 servings
- 2/3 cup POM Wonderful pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (7-ounce) cup 2% Greek yogurt (about ¾ cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine pomegranate juice, marmalade and chia seeds in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to thicken.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add pecans, cinnamon and salt. Toast 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant; add honey and continue cooking until thickened. Remove to a plate and let cool. (Mixture should harden as it stands.) Divide pecans evenly among 6 dessert serving dishes or glasses.
- Combine yogurt and cream cheese in a medium bowl; mix with a stand or hand mixer until well blended. Add in sugar and vanilla, mixing until combined. Divide mixture among serving dishes and top evenly with pomegranate-chia sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.