This post kicks off a new Healthy Aperture Blogger Network sponsored campaign with Cabot Creamery.
Recipe and photos by Gretchen Brown, RD of kumquat.
Back to school season is here! And that means everyone's on the lookout for new recipes. Whether you need some inspiration for lunch boxes, after-school snacks or quick, easy dinners...we've got you covered! We've teamed up with Cabot Creamery to bring you some brand new recipes.
Cabot Creamery is deeply committed to making the finest cheese and dairy products on earth. They’re dairy farmers, they’re cheesemakers, they’re more than 900 family farmer-owners and they feel lucky that they get to do things their way. The right way. And all Cabot Cheddars are naturally lactose-free and gluten-free.
Let's start with these Mini-Patty melts! They're protein-packed and bursting with flavor and the kids would love you forever if you whipped them up for an after-school snack. Plus, you can make a couple extra and easily pack some in their lunch box the next day!
We used ground beef for ours, but you could also you ground bison or turkey. And feel free to choose your favorite bread. Grab some Cabot Cheese Cracker Cuts to make assembling these mini-patties even easier. They're pre-cut and the perfect size for these sliders.
Over the next two weeks, we'll be sharing recipes from some of our Healthy Aperture Blogger Network bloggers and we can't wait to show you all of the creative ways that they're using Cabot Creamery Cheese:
- Laura @ JoyFoodSunshine
- Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats
- Marjorie @ A Pinch of Healthy
- Sally @ Real Mom Nutrition
- Anne Marie @ Real Food Real Deals
- Melanie @ Nutritious Eats
- Kristen @ A Mind "Full" Mom
- Lauren @ Bite of Health Nutrition
- Brynn @ The Domestic Dietitian
AD: Try these Mini-Patty Melts with Caramelized Onion Confit and @cabotcheese for an after school snack! Tweet this
Mini-Patty Melts with Caramelized Onion Confit
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 pound ground beef or bison
- 1 cup finely chopped baby portabello mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 12 slices bread
- 24 Cabot cheese sharp cheddar cracker cuts
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- To make Caramelized Onion Confit (Traditional method): Stir onion slices, butter, salt, and pepper together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-45 minutes or until caramelized.
- (Instant Pot method): Combine onion, butter, salt, and pepper together in the container of an Instant Pot. Cook on sauté mode for 5 minutes.Close lid and cook on manual for 8 minutes.After carefully releasing the pressure, remove lid and sauté an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until extra liquid cooks away.
- To make Patty Melts:Combine ground beef, finely chopped mushrooms, and pickle relish.
- Divide into 6 even patties.
- Grill patties on a hot grill until cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- Cut each bread slice with a 3-inch round cutter or the lid of a wide-mouth ball jar, discarding outer crusts or saving for another use.
- Top a round of bread with two Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cracker Cuts.
- Top Cracker Cuts with a patty of meat.
- Top with about 1 tablespoon Caramelized Onion Confit.
- Top Confit with two more Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cracker Cuts and another round of bread and heat until bread is golden and cheese is melted.