No need to heat up the oven. Making salmon in the microwave for these fish tacos tastes great and is the ultimate easy recipe!
This month's Recipe ReDux is all about avoiding a hot kitchen. Our tribe of bloggers will be posting recipes today and tomorrow all dedicated to easy ways to cook without turning on your stove.
Speaking as a woman whose faulty air conditioning was leaking into her ceiling yesterday, I can appreciate the need NOT to make it any hotter in my house than it already is.
In fact, that scenario is what prompted me to throw together these tacos last night and now, share them with you. I had a ReDux recipe ready for today -- a Chocolate Protein Pudding Cake -- but these tacos turned out so good, I decided to share them instead.
Why the change, you ask.
Simply put, microwave salmon is a game changer. I KNOW many of you cringe at the thought.
"Surely putting fish in your microwave will make it tough and chewy."
Nope. It doesn't. I PROMISE. As long as you cook it for just a few short minutes on MEDIUM power with a touch of water in the dish (covered), you'll get amazingly moist, not overcooked fish EVERY SINGLE TIME.
In fact, I've quit cooking salmon any other way.
Please, please -- give this method a try. You may be sweating it out til you actually taste it for fear that I've led you astray, but you won't be sweating it out from a hot kitchen.
Thanks for stopping by for today's recipe. Be sure to visit The Recipe ReDux to see what all of our other members are cooking up for this recipe challenge!
Making salmon in the microwave for these fish tacos is the ultimate easy recipe #thereciperedux @reganjonesRD Tweet this
Microwave Salmon Tacos
Makes 2 tacos
- 1 (4-ounce) salmon filet
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of ground chipotle chile powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 2 small soft tacos
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon salsa verde
- Season salmon with cumin, chipotle powder and salt. Place in a microwave safe dish. Add 1 tablespoon water to the pan. Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a small opening to vent dish.
- Microwave at 50% POWER for 2 to 3 minutes, just until salmon is to desired degree of doneness. Let cool slightly.
- Flake salmon into chunks and arrange among tortillas. Top with greens.
- Combine Greek yogurt and salsa verde; drizzle over tacos.