This Mexican Chicken and Wild Rice Soup uses canned soup as its base to make a quick lunch or dinner.
Sponsored by the General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition on behalf of ProgressoTM
Recipe and photos by Kaleigh at Lively Table
If the cold winter weather is starting to wear on you, you've come to the right place. Today we're kicking off a new #SoupYourWay campaign with ProgressoTM and a great group of bloggers from our network of bloggers. That means that over the next two weeks, we'll be highlighting lots of warm and hearty recipes featuring a variety of ProgressoTM soups from:
- Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean
- Amanda at The Wholesome Dish
- Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Megan at With Salt and Wit
- Diane at Cape Fear Nutrition
- Lauren at Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Meme at Living Well Kitchen
- Kristina at Love and Zest
- Sonali at The Foodie Physician
- Anne at Craving Something Healthy
- Julie at RDelicious Kitchen
- Kristen at A MindFull Mom
- Katie at Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Laura at Joy Food Sunshine
- Bryan at Taste and See
To kick things off today, we've got a quick chicken soup recipe with a Mexican twist. ProgressoTM recently announced that they're now serving white meat chicken with no antibiotics ever. They now have many varieties of chicken soups made with 100% antibiotic and hormone free white meat chicken breasts. Because quality is always in season!
We know our readers are busy and that quick and easy recipes are some of your favorites. Using canned soup as a base for a quick lunch or dinner is perfect when you're short on time.
For this recipe, you start with a can of ProgressoTM Savory Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. By adding a few spices and some traditional toppings like jalapenos and avocados, it's easy to give this canned soup a fun Mexican twist that the whole family will love!
Be sure to follow ProgressoTM on social media for more delicious recipes on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also follow The Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition for more nutrition news and tips on Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, Facebook and YouTube.
AD: Try this Mexican Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe from @livelytable for a quick and easy lunch or dinner! Tweet this
Mexican Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Makes 4 cups
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 can ProgressoTM Reduced Sodium Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- juice of one lime
- for garnish cilantro, jalapeno, shredded cheese, sliced avocado, and limes (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring until soft and fragrant.
- Add soup, tomatoes, beans, cumin, and chipotle. Cook, stirring, until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Divide soup between bowls and garnish as desired with cheese, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado and/or lime juice.