A little bit of creativity and a whole lot of flavor turn the traditional quesadilla into a work of art like this Mediterranean Quesadilla Stuffed with Crushed Pita Chips.
Hello, non-traditional quesadilla!
So confession. I actually shared this recipe on my blog ages ago, but I made it recently and remembered how fabulous it is. So now I'm bringing it back for you to enjoy. You should make it. You really should.
You should especially make this if you were inclined as a child to put chips on your sandwich. Because this here quesadilla has pita chips stuffed inside it. It's a cheesy, salty, crunchy dream boat.
There is more to this recipe than chips + cheese though. There are also artichokes, olives and tomatoes. You know, all the things that would go on a greek pizza. I took them off that pizza and put them into a quesadilla. How fun?! SO FUN.
May your tastebuds be satisfied. Enjoy!
Fusion quesadilla FOR THE WIN. --> Mediterranean Quesadilla Stuffed with Crushed Pita Chips <3<3 @immaeatthatblog Tweet this
Mediterranean Quesadilla Stuffed with Crushed Pita Chips
serves 1 (easily doubled, tripled)
- 1 (medium to large) whole wheat tortilla
- 1/3 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup whole-milk mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, shaved
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 marinated artichoke quarters from a jar, finely chopped
- 3 kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped (white & green part)
- handful pita chips
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. I added 1 teaspoon butter to the pan to make the outside of the tortilla crispy, but that's optional(-ish).
- Add the tortilla to the skillet and top the entire tortilla with 1/2 the cheese.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (including the other 1/2 of the cheese) to half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over on top of the toppings and cook, flipping once, until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp.