Use nutritional superfood flaxseeds in this quick and easy salad dressing recipe. Combine fresh lemon and basil with ground golden flax to create a thick and hearty dressing without added fat and calories.
Lemon-Basil Flaxseed Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons finely ground flaxseeds (I prefer golden flaxseeds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place ground flaxseed in a medium jar; add water and shake to combine. Let stand 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and remaining ingredients. Shake well to combine.