This Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing is the perfect recipe for any backyard barbecue or warm weather get together.
Grilled corn is a summer staple! We love it in our house. It’s fun to find new ways to incorporate it into our everyday meals. I definitely love it right off the cob, but grilled corn can add a ton of summer flavor to any dish.
This salad was inspired by a fun Mexican side dish we had on vacation. It was spicy, limey, and creamy (and probably much more decadent that I’d like to admit). We couldn’t get enough of it. I’m actually inspired by decadent dishes I’ve had in restaurants. It’s fun recreating them into healthy favorites that I can eat all the time without the added fat and calories, but with all the delicious flavor!
My inspiration dish definitely had a Mexican flare, but I switched mine up a bit with a few of my favorite spices, cumin, and turmeric. For a healthier creamy dressing, I used plain yogurt, miso paste, and lime. The fresh lime is so refreshing, it makes this dish the perfect side to any barbecue fare!
This Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado Dressing by @2eatwellRD is the perfect recipe for any warm weather get together Tweet this
Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado with Lime Yogurt Dressing
- 2 cups grilled corn, off the cob
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice from two limes
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- sprinkle of cumin, chili pepper and turmeric
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (can use either Greek or regular)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp miso paste
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the miso paste, 2 Tbsp lime juice and garlic.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Whisk again. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Grill corn (or use leftover grilled corn, or frozen grilled corn) and place in bowl, add red onion and cilantro.
- Toss gently with yogurt dressing.
- Sprinkle with spices, to taste.
- Gently toss in diced avocado.
- Squeeze with juice from 2 limes before serving.