These Nutty Seed Crackers are the yummy goodness of an everything bagel but in a cracker form, perfect for grain-free snacking.
Did you try it? Did you give it a go?
If so, how are you feeling??
Last month, I shared with you my thoughts about going grain-free if you are continuing to experience any of those old "gluten-ed" symptoms despite being an honest gluten-free eater. And I shared these darn good Grain-Free Apple Pie Pancakes.
About the same time I made a decision to cut back a bit on grains, I also determined I was sensitive to tapioca. (cue the Debbie-Downer meme.) Just try to find a variety of grain-free store-bought products that don't contain tapioca. I dare you. There aren't many. Especially in the cracker department.
So, friends, I share with you today some Grain-Free Nutty Seed Crackers.
Think everything bagel in a cracker form. All of those flavorful, good-for-you seeds and nuts pressed into one yummy cracker. These guys didn't even make it through the day at my house.
Serve them with pub cheese. Or butter. Or salami. Or just eat one every time you walk by the bowl.
I guess, now you know why they didn't last so long around here.
These Grain-Free Nutty Seed Crackers are the awesomeness of an everything bagel but in a cracker form. @kumquatblog Tweet this
Grain-Free Nutty Seed Crackers
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to mix well.
- Place mixture on top of a parchment paper-lined baking pan, and top with another large sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll mixture into a rectangle with 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top parchment, but keep it to use in a bit.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Place reserved sheet of parchment back on top of crackers. Place another baking sheet on top of the top parchment. Flip sheet over. Remove old baking sheet and paper. (this is just to help you flip crackers over to bake on the other side.)
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- Let cool; break into pieces. Crackers will be tender.