I don't know how things are where you live, but around my house it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! It is cold outside.
One of my favorite ways to warm my bones against the bitter chill is to eat a steamy bowl of oatmeal in the morning.
If you have the green light from your doctor to eat oats, then oatmeal is a quick and easy, gluten-free breakfast. Stir together your own favorite flavors, and skip those silly packets. They aren't certifiied gluten-free and are chock full of sugar anyway!
I've added some delightfully warm spices to this one. And topped it off with lovely jewels of pomegranate seeds and toasted walnuts.
Grab a bowl, a cup of warm coffee, and prop your toes up by the fire. A perfect way to start a cold day, if you ask me.
This Gluten-Free Spiced Oatmeal with Pomegranates and Walnuts makes a great breakfast on a cold morning! Tweet this
Gluten Free Spiced Oatmeal with Pomegranate, Walnuts & Maple
- 1 cup gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup grade b maple syrup
- Combine oats, water, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Top oatmeal with walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and maple syrup.