It has been almost seven years since I cut gluten out of my life. Honestly, I don't usually miss it. When you know how horrible you'll feel if you ate it, it loses its appeal.
Although... the only moments my sorrow creeps slowly in is when my husband is enjoying the bread in the middle of the table while we're eating out. Those warm, buttery, yeasty rolls. That olive oil-coated, rosemary-scented flatbread.
After I try to satiate myself with a deep inhale of fresh bread and a big sip of my iced tea, I move on, grateful that my self-control is entirely worth it. (And I try to get him to tell me it doesn't even taste good anyway...)
However, some moments necessitate action. Sometimes you have to just make it yourself to scratch the itch. This was one of those moments. The result... a delicious rosemary and oregano-scented bread, topped with olive oil, cheese and tomatoes.
If you're like me and have to occasionally squelch a one-man pity party at the bread basket, this one is for you too.
Like many gluten-free products, this one is best enjoyed fresh from the oven!
Take advantage of those summer tomatoes and make this Gluten-Free Roasted Tomato Flatbread. Tweet this
Gluten Free Roasted Tomato Flatbread
- 105 grams oat flour
- 105 grams almond flour
- 1 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- garnish: olive oil, salt, pepper, extra herbs
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine flours, flaxmeal, baking powder, salt, rosemary, and oregano. Add egg, 1/4 cup olive oil, and water. Stir until a dough forms. Press mixture into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Rub dough with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle dough with cheese. Place tomatoes evenly on cheese. Bake at 450° for 18 minutes or until dough is golden and tomatoes are beginning to brown.
- Top flatbread with additional olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped herbs. Serve immediately.