This time of year brings no shortage of pumpkins. And lots of pumpkins means lots of pumpkin seeds.
In the spirit of giving thanks and not being wasteful, you will be especially thankful you didn't waste these seeds. When roasted, I think they taste a bit like popcorn. Delicious as a topper for salads or vegetables, or just as a simple, perfect, gluten-free snack. They're honestly a bit addictive. (Ask my husband, who momentarily forgot the "ask before you eat" cardinal rule of this house, and almost finished off the whole tray of cooling seeds before I could take pictures... ahh, the pains my family members endure living with a food blogger.)
This season of roasted pumpkin seeds has seen almost as many recipes as the seeds themselves... Check out some of these for more ideas.
A quick & easy recipe by Teaspoon of Spice
Spicy Honey-Roasted Seeds by Coffee & Quinoa
Cinnamon & Sugar Pumpkin Seeds by The Way to His Heart
Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Swanky Dietitian
Sriracha Seeds by Bitter Sweet
Make these Gluten-Free Cumin-Scented Pumpkin Seeds for an easy fall snack! Tweet this
Gluten Free Cumin-Scented & Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds, washed and cleaned of all pumpkin guts
- Olive oil
- Ground Cumin
- After pumpkin seeds are cleaned add them to a pot of boiling water; boil for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove seeds from boiling water with a slotted spoon and place on a dry towel; dry seeds as much as possible.
- Place seeds on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil so that seeds are evenly coated after tossing. Spread seeds into a single layer on pan.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; give seeds a stir and return to oven. Bake another 10 minutes; stir again. Bake yet another 10 minutes or until seeds are fragrant and roasted.
- Sprinkle with salt and a bit of ground cumin. Toss with additional olive oil, if desired.