Easily transform your breakfast cereal bowl into a delicious, baked gluten-free granola muffin.
Homemade, hearty granola is one of my favorite things. I love making it, eating it, and having it on hand. Plus it falls into the "super simple" category of recipes, requiring little to no kitchen skills. Seriously... stir, bake, stir. The end.
If you are new to this series of Gluten-Free Kitchen posts, you may have missed my Nutty Coconut Granola. That post is not only evidence of my granola-love, but I also included some good info on the truths about eating oats when living a gluten-free life. Not to mention, it's a great recipe, if I may say so myself. And one that I have in my pantry, in real life, most of the time.
Sometimes it is nice, however, to switch up the cereal bowl and have a nice baked good as a breakfast treat. This is where the two meet. Stirring granola into a muffin batter is a simple and delicious way to boost flavor, texture, and nutrition in a boring muffin routine. You've already got all of the yummy, nutritious ingredients in your granola, so why not?! The oats soften into the baked batter, but nuts still provide a nice bite.
I used that very recipe to make these. I suggest you make it to use, but also feel free to use your own favorite homemade or store-bought gluten-free granola.
Easily transform your cereal bowl into this delicious, baked #gf granola muffin by @kumquatblog. Tweet this
Gluten Free Granola Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free granola
- 1 cup kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour or other gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup organic canola oil
- Extra gluten-free granola for topping
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups granola, flour, flaxmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, milk, egg, coconut sugar, and oil in a medium bowl. Add yogurt mixture to granola mixture; stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffins tins, coated with cooking spray or lined with muffin papers.
- Sprinkle additional granola on top of batter.
- Bake at 400° Fahrenheit for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown, and a pick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.