With a sweet layer of tart cranberries filled inside, this coffeecake is the perfect addition to your holiday menu. It's easily made gluten free -- a treat everyone can enjoy!
Gluten Free Cranberry Coffeecake
Serves 9 to 12
- 1 cup frozen or fresh cranberries, chopped (I prep in food processor)
- 1 1/4 cups cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use Pamela's)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Melted white chocolate or white icing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar and set aside.
- Beat remaining 1 cup of sugar, oil and butter at medium speed of an mixer until creamy; beat in eggs, buttermilk and water just until blended.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda; stir well. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour half of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with cranberries. Top with remaining batter, spreading carefully to edges.
- Baked at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes or until pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool and drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.