Vegetable bhajis are an Indian-style vegetable fritter which can be made with almost any veggie you have on hand. Made with chickpea flour (available in health food stores) and lightly spiced with chili and cumin, they have a sensational spicy kick, taste and texture.
Bhajis are quick and easy to prepare and are a perfect appetizer or light entrée at those Indian inspired dinner parties!
These Vegetable Bhajis are quick, easy and make a great appetizer or light dinner. Tweet this
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan four)
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 50mL water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- ½ cup low fat natural yoghurt
- In a large bowl, combine the grated potato, zucchini, carrot and onion with the chickpea flour, chilli paste and cumin. Stir the water and coriander through the mixture.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add tablespoons of the Bhaji mixture to the fan, flatten with a spatula and shallow fry in batches until golden brown. Pat down with paper towel.
- Serve warm with a dollop of natural yoghurt.