Okay. I guess these are more like nachos, but we're calling them cheese fries because I do what I want.
Sometimes your cravings call for a bowl filled with salad. Other times your cravings call for a bowl filled with fries. In the case of the latter craving, these cheese fries have got your back. I've actually never ordered cheese fries at a restaurant, so if you make these and are like, "these are nothing like so-and-so's cheese fries," then know that the reason is that I'm new to the cheese fries world.
Question: When were sweet potato fries invented? Like in 2005?
Imma say that's about right. I think that's when I first remember ordering them over regular potato fries and I haven't gone back since.
Just thought we should note when sweet potato fries entered my life. Noted.
Now any topping you would put on a salad, you could put on fries. Then add some cheese and you can call them fancy cheese fries. Not just cheese fries...but FANCY cheese fries. It's a beautiful thing. Impress your loved ones. Or make them think you're crazy. Either way there are fries and cheese and it's gonna be great.
Speaking of cheese, I somehow managed to completely forget about goat cheese for the last 3 months. Then at the grocery store I stumbled across some and felt the need to immediately put it on everything we ate this week....except for like oatmeal or pancakes because eww.
So with this reignited love for goat cheese, these fries obviously have the creamy cheese.
If you have a strong aversion to goat cheese, simply replace it with cheddar or Parmesan or mozzarella or any other kind of cheese you like (p.s. blue cheese would be insanely yum) .
These fries are also piled with chicken (rotisserie because it's just SO easy), black beans, tomatoes (because FRESH), feta (more cheese<3), and chives (because COLOR).
You will never eat fries the same again. Well you might, but try this at least once. You're gonna love it.
These Fancy Cheese Fries are a fun twist on nachos. Great way to feed a crowd! Tweet this
Fancy Cheese Fries
makes 2 entrees
- 1/2 bag frozen sweet potato waffle fries (I used this brand)
- 2/3 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup thick black beans soup (I used this brand)
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Bake sweet potato fries according to package directions until crispy.
- Divide sweet potato fries between two plates/shallow bowls, top each with chicken, black beans, goat cheese, tomatoes, feta and chives.
- In a separate bowl, stir together BBQ and honey.
- Drizzle sauce over the top of the cheese fries. Serve.