Easy to make, these Frozen Chocolate Fruit Kabobs are a kid friendly healthy dessert using only fruit and chocolate.
Last year at this time, our family spent a wonderful week on Whidbey Island, WA with my aunts and uncles.
While the weather was perfect and the scenery was beyond beautiful, it was the company and the glorious homemade meals, which were most memorable.
During our week out there, my then 7-year old daughter was so proud that she got to make these dessert kabobs with my aunt so I knew I had to recreate them, too. Problem was our trip was at the end of August and by the time I thought to make them for the blog, we were well into fall and all things apple and pumpkin.
So, this year, I’m sharing these with you just in time - right before the calendar turns to September. We still have three more weeks of summer after all – so hopefully you can get in a few more cookouts and whip up these frozen treats before the weather starts to turn.
These are SO easy to make and one of the healthier dessert options out there with the ingredients being just fresh fruit and dark chocolate. Not to mention, they are a kid-friendly dessert in both the making and eating department.
I used bananas, pineapple, grapes and blueberries as this was my aunt’s favorite combo and what I had on hand. But you could really use almost any fruit you and your family likes.
Frozen Chocolate Fruit Kabobs
- 3 large bananas, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 32 grapes
- 32 blueberries
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- Using 12-inch skewers, use the following pattern to thread the fruit: 1 pineapple chunk, 1 banana chunk, 2 grapes, 2 blueberries, 1 pineapple chunk, 1 banana chunk, 2 grapes, 2 blueberries. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Place kabobs on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Put chocolate in a microwave proof bowl. Heat for 1 minute on HIGH in microwave. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spoon into a small plastic baggie. Twist one end closed and snip the other end of the bag with scissors. Drizzle melted chocolate over kabobs.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour or until completely frozen. Serve.