Skip the freezer pockets -- these Easy Artichoke Pizza Pockets are simple to make and much more delicious!
Sometimes, the dishes that come out of my kitchen seem so simple they don't even warrant a recipe-share on the blog. But then inevitably I post them & they turn out to be your favorites. So here's another one.
I've never been a fan of freezer pockets. Even back when my tastes were less discerning, there was just something a bit fake about the fillings... and that whole silver lined sleeve microwave thingy is just weird to me.
But the idea of yummy breadness wrapping around a tasty filling definitely has its own appeal. Here's my superfast version for a quick weeknight meal.
Skip the freezer pockets -- these Easy Artichoke Pizza Pockets are simple to make and much more delicious! Tweet this
Easy Artichoke Pizza Pockets
- 3/4 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup julienne-sliced sundried tomatoes
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Unroll dough onto a baking sheet coated lined with parchment; pat into a 15 x 10–inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese lengthwise down center of dough, leaving about a 2 1/2-inch border on each side. Layer remaining ingredients evenly over cheese.
- Make 2-inch-long diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling using a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Arrange strips over filling, alternating strips diagonally over filling. Press ends under to seal.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices.