These Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing are a delicious and nutritious veggie side to pair with your dinners through late fall.
Is there anything better than crispy Brussels sprouts? Today, I am sharing my favorite technique for crispy edges and caramelized sprouts, which involves tossing the sprouts in olive oil and then roasting them at a high temperature, face down against the pan.
To compliment this seasonal veggie side, I created a delicious whipped Avocado Green Goddess Dressing. I love the combination of creamy avocado and herbs alongside the crispy roasted veggies. This sauce is perfect for dipping your sprouts into, or you can thin it out further with water for drizzling over the whole pan, or for topping salads and bowls the rest of the week.
For more seasonal meal ideas and grocery shopping inspiration, check out my monthly Seasonal Produce Lists on Uproot Kitchen. Enjoy and be well!
Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing are a delicious & nutritious veggie side! @uprootkitchen Tweet this
Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts:
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Avocado Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup packed fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim Brussels sprouts by slicing off the stem and cutting them in half lengthwise. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if desired. Spread them on a lined baking sheet, cut side down to allow for browning.
- Bake the pan for 25-30 minutes until browned and crisp, pausing after 15 minutes to flip the Brussels sprouts around. Baking time will depend on the size of the sprouts.
- In the meantime, combine all ingredients for the avocado green goddess dressing in the blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add additional water, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Brussels sprouts hot out of the oven alongside lemon wedges for squeezing over the sprouts and the avocado green goddess dressing .
Notes: Brussels sprouts are best served immediately. Store extra dressing in the fridge for up to 2 days.