Skip the can of soup! This family-friendly recipe for Chicken Florentine Lasagna uses hummus in its rich, hearty filling. By using no-boil noodles it's the ultimate quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe.
As you know, some times I have a lot I want to say.
And then sometimes I simply want to say "TRY THIS RECIPE."
Really, no other explanation needed, but since I'm never at a loss for words....
My youngest son gave this lasagna a "9 and 3/4" on a scale of 1 to 10. (In case you're wondering why it wasn't a 10 he informed me "Nothing's perfect mom. There's always room for improvement.")
In that case, I'd say this is as good as it gets.
I used to make a variation of this lasagna any time I was taking a meal to a friend, a new mom or simply wanted a hearty crowd pleaser. But the version I used before called for cream of something (I forget now what) soup. I'm no cream-of-soup basher, but it's honestly not something I keep on hand anymore.
Hummus, though. That's a different story.
(In fact, one of the reasons I have SO much hummus right now is because Sabra is currently hosting a recipe contest with The Recipe ReDux and they sent me samples. This recipe is not a part of that contest or in any way sponsored by Sabra. But you know, I couldn't let good hummus go to waste.)
So if you find yourself with an excess of hummus, a short supply of soup or simply wanting to make a "9 3/4 out of 10 recipe" for dinner tonight, this is the recipe for you. Enjoy!
Skip the can of soup! This family-fave Chicken Florentine Lasagna recipe uses hummus instead! @ReganJonesRD Tweet this
Chicken Florentine Lasagna
Makes 9 servings
- 3 1/2 cups (about 14.5 ounces) cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) container (about 1 1/4 cups) hummus
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 pound shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine chicken and next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl; mix well.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 2 lasagna noodles in bottom of pan; layer with 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat two more times with remaining noodles, chicken mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.