The count down is on. We are less than 4 weeks away from having our first baby and the one thing I'm looking forward to postpartum (aside from snuggling our cute little bundle of joy) is getting my fitness routine back. At 28 weeks I had to stop running, it just wasn't feeling good anymore. My body would start contracting every few minutes and I'd have to stop and walk. Plus I'm very intuitive when I'm running and working out and running started to become uncomfortable. I want to enjoy the run and right now I just can't, so walking has been where it's at.
While, I'm power walking as much as I can and taking pre-natal yoga classes, I'm craving a really good sweat sesh where I don't have to lug around an extra 25+ lbs. I tell my husband to try strapping on a 25 pound medicine ball around his waist and running up a hill. Yeah, that's all kinds of a bad idea. And let's not even talk about the HOT summer weather... Fall, are you near?
Let's just say these next 4 weeks couldn't come soon enough. Baby, I'm so pumped about you being here in the crisp fall weather too, I hope you're ready for lots of training runs with mama.
Chicken Tater Tot Salad
- 1 cup cooked tater tots
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded spinach leaves
- 3 ounces shredded chicken
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons bbq sauce
- Cook tater tots according to package directions.
- In a serving bowl, toss salad greens together.
- Layer greens with chicken, tomato, avocado, tater tots and drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce.