I’ve been on a make ahead meals kick. Now, I’m not talking about grilling a pound of chicken or salmon and then reheating it for the rest of the week, but full on meal prep in which you prepare the meals in advance and then cook it when you’re ready to eat. I don’t mind eating “leftovers” if it’s soup or something that thats good reheated, I’m even a leftovers girl for lunch, but I don’t want to eat leftovers for dinner after a busy day. Ya, feel me? Maybe I’m just a foodie diva?
A little meal prep on the weekend, whether it be chopping veggies, mixing ingredients together, and assembling dishes can make life easier when you’re trying to fuel yourself well during the week. You’ll be so shocked that you can actually eat dinners at home all week and not spend a lot of time in the kitchen making it happen. When I get home after a long day, all I want to do is eat dinner and enjoy the night with my husband. Yeah, cooking isn’t a part of that equation, so that’s why eating out is so tempting. Early workouts don’t allow for much time at night for cooking, so I’ve had to struggle to learn how to balance eating well and my fitness routine.
This Baked Coconut Chicken is anything but bland, the fresh garlic and coconut flavors provide a unique and satisfying twist to baked chicken. I prep this meal in advance in my baking dish, and snap a lid on it so it can be baked when I’m ready to eat it. Serve it with a side of rice or couscous and sauteed veggies (you can prep these in advance too!).
Tired of the same old chicken recipes? Try this Baked Coconut Chicken to change things up! Tweet this
Baked Coconut Chicken
- 2- 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat 9X13 inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Divide each 8 ounce breast to half with sharp knife to reduce thickness and ensure even cooking.
- Place the four chicken beasts in prepared baking dish and top each with remaining ingredients to season.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.