Marinated Cheese Christmas Wreath
Serves 12 to 16
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used basil and dill)
- 1/2 cup dried julienne sundried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces extra-sharp aged Cheddar cheese (I used Cabot Creamery Alpine Cheddar)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces firm goat cheese (I used Vermont Creamery Fresh Goat Cheese)
- Assorted crackers
- Combine vinegar and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium-size bowl.
- Cut each block of cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices; cut each slice in half.
- Using a round dish with sides, line up cheese slices around the edge alternating each type of cheese.
- Pour marinade mixture over cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve (at least 2 hours).
- Serve with crackers, as desired.