Gluten Free Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Rolls
Makes 1 dozen rolls
- 1 (19-ounce) bag Pamela's gluten free bread mix & flour blend (be sure to purchase bread mix with yeast packet included)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon warm water (as needed)
- Combine contents of bread dough mix (flour and yeast) in a stand mixer equipped with whisk or paddle attachment (do not use bread dough hook).
- Combine 2 eggs and 1/3 cup canola oil; add enough warm water to measure 2 cups. Add to dry ingredients in mixer. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Scrape dough down sides of bowl; cover and let rise in a warm area free from drafts for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Using greased hands and a 1/4 cup measure coated with cooking spray, portion dough out and shape into balls (Dough will be wet and sticky. Keep hands greased using cooking spray). Arrange rolls in an 8- x 8-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Turn off oven. Let rolls rise in turned-off oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven; discard plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pecans, butter, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over dough in pans.
- Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar, milk, orange juice and warm water, if needed. Drizzle over warm rolls. Best when served the same day.