Cranberry Almond French Toast Mug
- 1 slice hearty whole grain bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Truvia® Natural Sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon blanched, sliced almonds
- non-stick cooking spray
Lightly spray the inside of a microwave-safe medium sized coffee mug with cooking spray.
Add the egg whites, milk, vanilla, Truvia, and cinnamon to the mug and use a fork or whisk to mix the ingredients well.
Add the cranberries, almonds, and bread cubes and gently mix to coat all of the bread in the egg mixture.
Place the coffee mug in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds. Use a spoon to lightly mix the contents of the mug, then microwave again for 1 – 1 ½ more minutes or until the bread has just set and the egg and milk mixture is no longer runny.
Carefully remove the mug from the microwave and let sit for 3-5 minutes to cool slightly before eating. Serve with fresh fruit on the side.