Corn and Cheddar Stuffed Jalapenos
Makes 12 jalapenos
- 1 slice bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup canned (drained), fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Greek-style yogurt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 6 jalapenos cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or coat with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a small skillet until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and discard all but 1 teaspoon of drippings; set bacon aside.
- Turn down heat to pan to low and add cumin seeds; toast in skillet 30 seconds (be careful not to burn). Add corn and lime juice to pan and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until all moisture has evaporated.
- Turn off heat to pan. Coarsely chop cooked bacon and add to pan. Stir in salt, yogurt and 1/2 cup of cheese just until combined. Divide mixture evenly among halved jalapenos and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are softened and cheese is melted.