This recipe for Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Banana Muffins makes the perfect healthy morning snack. Tweet this
Whole Grain Sweet Potato-Banana Muffins
makes 9 muffins
- 100 g (about 3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (about 3/4 cup) whole wheat pastry flour
- 100 g (about 1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 10 g (about 2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2 g (about 1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2 g (about 1/2 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 large sweet potato, mashed to equal 125 g (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed to equal 100 g (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Melted white chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients (through ground cinnamon) in a large bowl, making a well in center of mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Using ice scream scoop, portion batter evenly into lined muffin pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.
Regan Jones is the Founding Editor and Sponsorship Director of HealthyAperture and is the author of the QUICK FIX KITCHEN Feature - a collection of recipes that focuses on shortcut cooking without shortcut taste. Her recipes largely focus on baked goods and desserts ranging from gluten free to sugar free to slightly indulgent eats for the entire family, but also include easy everyday recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Jones is a registered dietitian and owner the web's most prominent portfolio of dietitian-owned websites, including HealthyAperture.com, TheRecipeReDux.com, BlogBrulee.com and RDs4Disclosure.org.More posts by ReganJonesRD