Thanks to O Organics® for sponsoring this post.
This Warm Spinach Salad with Roasted Rosemary Walnuts and Chickpeas would make a great holiday side dish recipe.
Fall is here and it's a great time to take some time to refocus on our 2016 goals. For many of us, that included making healthier choices when it comes to food. Getting yourself back on track now can make it easier to navigate the dessert and treat-laden holiday season.
We've partnered with O Organics® and bloggers from our Healthy Aperture Blogger Network to bring you some delicious, healthy recipes that showcase the O Organics® brand.
O Organics® believes that everyone should have the opportunity to go organic, which is why they offer our USDA-certified O Organics® brand at a value compared to leading national organic brands. Their products are available exclusively at Albertsons Companies-owned stores, including ACME, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Pavilions, Randalls, Safeway, Shaw’s, Star Market, Tom Thumb, and Vons. The O Organics® line features more than 300 items for every occasion throughout the grocery store—from fresh fruits and vegetables, to wholesome dairy and meats, cereals, snacks and more.
With O Organics®, it’s easy to add organic items into everyday meals without a lot of time, money or effort. As an added bonus, this year, more than 100 new items will be added to the O Organics® line, from produce and meats, to deli and snack items, so there are even more affordable USDA-certified organic options to choose from.
What better time than now to step outside your comfort zone a little bit and include some of these products in a recipe? We asked Marisa from Uproot Kitchen for a little inspiration and she created this delicious salad recipe! Enjoy it for lunch or add it to your dinner table in the weeks ahead. It's an easy way to increase your organic veggie intake and we love the delicious crunch from the roasted walnuts and chickpeas!
We bet this would even make a great addition to one of your upcoming holiday menus!
Grab the recipe below and be sure to look for recipes from the following bloggers over the next two weeks featuring more O Organics® products:
- Erin at Platings & Pairings
- Julia at The Roasted Root
- Katie at Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Anne at Craving Something Healthy
- Lindsay at Cotter Crunch
- Meme at Living Well Kitchen
- Laura at Joy Food Sunshine
- Les at The Balanced Berry
- Ashley at Blissful Basil
- Danae at The Recipe Runner
- Debbie at Dietitian Debbie Dishes
- Emily at Zen and Spice
- Lauren at Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Kristina at Love and Zest
AD: This Warm Spinach Salad w Rosemary Roasted Walnuts will make a great addition 2 your holiday menu! @ReganJonesRD Tweet this
Warm Spinach Salad with Rosemary Roasted Walnuts and Chickpeas
- 1 (25-oz) can chickpeas
- 6 Tablespoons O Organics® olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped O Organics® fresh rosemary
- 8 cups O Organics® baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon O Organics® maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, and dry them off using a kitchen dishcloth. Spread them out on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle chickpeas with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Toss to combine.
- Place the chickpeas in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 350. Roast for 22 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add walnuts, chopped rosemary, and an additional tablespoon of olive oil. Roast for an additional 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Add spinach and roasted chickpeas and walnuts to a large serving bowl before you prep the dressing.
- In a small frying pan, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, red onion, and garlic over medium heat. When the garlic is beginning to become soft (about 3-4 minutes), remove the pan from the heat. Add in vinegar and maple syrup, and stir to combine.
- Pour the warm dressing over the salad and toss to coat and warm the spinach. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh ground pepper to taste, and serve immediately.