These Sweet Cinnamon Pecans with Pumpkin-Spiced Yogurt are made with Truvia® Nectar and make a healthy breakfast or snack for fall.
~recipes and photos by Amber at Homemade Nutrition
Disclosure: This post kicks off our new sponsorship with Truvia® .
Truvia® Nectar, blended with stevia leaf extract and honey, can help manage sugar intake and reduce calories – as part of a balanced diet. It has 50% fewer calories than sugar and can be used wherever you would typically use agave, sugar or honey. Think beverages, oatmeal, baking recipes and more!
Since it's twice as sweet as honey, you only need to use half as much! And with only 2g of carbohydrate per ½ teaspoon serving, it can definitely be part of a balanced, carb-conscious lifestyle.
There are tons of different ways to use Truvia® Nectar and we're excited to share some great recipes with you during this campaign. To kick things off, we invited Amber from Homemade Nutrition to share a simple, protein-packed recipe that's perfect for a fall breakfast or snack.
This recipe for Sweet Cinnamon Pecans with Pumpkin-Spiced Yogurt is so easy to make and is bursting with beautiful fall flavors. It's like treating yourself to some pumpkin pie for breakfast....except healthier!
Be on the lookout for more recipes using Truvia® Nectar over the next two weeks from Registered Dietitians bloggers or follow along on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #UseNectar:
- Anne at Craving Something Healthy
- Emily at Zen and Spice
- Julie at The Gourmet RD
- Gretchen at kumquat
- Liz at Shaw's Simple Swaps
- Diane at Cape Fear Nutrition
- Amanda at The Nutritionist Reviews
- Katie at Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Alex at Delish Knowledge
- Meme at Living Well Kitchen
- Dixya at Food Pleasure & Health
- Dianna at Chard in Charge
- Debbie at Dietitian Debbie Dishes
- Kristina at Love & Zest
- Jamie at Dishing Out Health
- Kristy at Chocolate Slopes
And don't forget to pin this recipe so you can give it a try!
ad: Pumpkin-Spiced Yogurt topped w/Sweet Cinnamon Pecans makes the perfect bfast! #UseNectar @truvia Tweet this
Sweet Cinnamon Pecans with Pumpkin-Spiced Yogurt
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves (unsalted)
- 1/2 teaspoon light olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Nectar
- 1.5 cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons Truvia Nectar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add the pecans, oil, and 1 teaspoon Truvia Nectar to a small bowl and mix well to coat the pecans.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the pecans are toasted and the cinnamon coating is slightly hardened.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Add the yogurt, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, Truvia Nectar, instant coffee, and vanilla to a medium bowl and whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
- To serve, portion out half of the yogurt into 2 bowls or glasses and top each with half of the cinnamon pecans.