If you've ever craved cereal but want to eat grain free, this Grain Free Breakfast Cereal recipe is for you.
That love always remains, eventhough I realize more every day that a big bowl of my usual choice simply doesn't leave me feeling full long enough. High in sugar and low in protein, a lot cereal just lacks the mix of nutrients that ward off hunger.
That's why I decided to take a stab at homemade breakfast cereal. See how easy a truly out-of-the-box breakfast can be:
Grain Free Breakfast Cereal
Serves 3 to 4
- 1 cup partially-thawed frozen mango or peaches
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup vanilla 100% whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse just until blended.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet; bake at 250 degrees F for 3 1/2 hours, or until dry (to ensure even cooking, break mixture up throughout cooking process and stir).