Amaze your holiday guests with these crave-worthy gluten free Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Rolls.
As if the holidays aren't stressful enough, when you have someone in your life that needs dietary modifications, cooking can take on a whole new level of stress. Guests are coming, you want the recipes to be successful and taste great, but you don't want to spend twice as much time cooking two versions of everything -- one for everyone else and one for whoever needs the modification.
And of course when I say "you" I mean me.
When I started planning recipes to cook for Christmas, I wanted to ensure my husband (who is gluten free) would enjoy as many tasty treats as the rest of the family, without me feeling like I needed to cook overtime.
It's not easy. There are tried and true recipes that you know will work. And then you realize they're not gluten free.
Where I found success was in combining this recipe from a tried and true source (I got my start cooking in the Southern Living Cookbook Test Kitchens and I promise... THEIR RECIPES WORK) with a tried and true gluten free product (Pamela's gluten free mixes are the best!)
What resulted looked like this:
These Gluten Free Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Rolls stole my heart. Not only because they were delish, but also because they were delish enough to serve the entire family.
Less stress + Great taste = a happy holiday memory for all.
Amaze your holiday guests with these crave-worthy gluten free CRANBERRY PECAN BREAKFAST ROLLS. @ReganJonesRD Tweet this
Gluten Free Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Rolls
Makes 1 dozen rolls
- 1 (19-ounce) bag Pamela's gluten free bread mix & flour blend (be sure to purchase bread mix with yeast packet included)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon warm water (as needed)
- Combine contents of bread dough mix (flour and yeast) in a stand mixer equipped with whisk or paddle attachment (do not use bread dough hook).
- Combine 2 eggs and 1/3 cup canola oil; add enough warm water to measure 2 cups. Add to dry ingredients in mixer. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Scrape dough down sides of bowl; cover and let rise in a warm area free from drafts for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Using greased hands and a 1/4 cup measure coated with cooking spray, portion dough out and shape into balls (Dough will be wet and sticky. Keep hands greased using cooking spray). Arrange rolls in an 8- x 8-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Turn off oven. Let rolls rise in turned-off oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven; discard plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pecans, butter, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over dough in pans.
- Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar, milk, orange juice and warm water, if needed. Drizzle over warm rolls. Best when served the same day.