This Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl is packed with nutrient dense foods for a healthy, yet totally decadent treat. Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the CocoaVia #HeartMonth campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time. By, Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD (Blogger at Love & Zest)
I’m all about spoonable breakfast smoothies with crunchy toppings. They are simple to make on a busy morning and eating a smoothie with a spoon makes it feel like a more satisfying breakfast.
Start your day by adding CocoaVia to your beverage of choice! It’s super easy and delicious to add a stick pack to a smoothie like this Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl.
Not familiar with CocoaVia? It's a daily cocoa extract supplement that delivers 375mg of cocoa flavanols in every stick pack. Cocoa flavonols are powerful plant-based nutrients (or phytonutrients). The cocoa flavanols in CocoaVia products are backed by two decades of scientific research that are proven to help support healthy blood flow, important for heart health, brain health, skin health, and exercise performance.
Beyond those benefits, let's be honest. Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast? Here's the thing, though. While chocolate is a yummy treat, and it's often deemed heart healthy too, it’s not always a reliable way to get sufficient quantities of cocoa flavanols. Interestingly enough, traditional cocoa processing, which includes drying, fermenting, and roasting beans, destroys many of the flavanols naturally present in the cocoa bean.
Since the benefits of chocolate come from the cocoa flavanols, not from the percent cacao or darkness of chocolate, CocoaVia cocoa extract supplement isolates the “good stuff” from chocolate in a convenient, versatile and delicious form, without all the calories and fat. Nobody would argue that a little chocolate -- especially as we approach Valentine's Day -- is a bad thing, but for a morning dose of taste, convenience and nutrition, this smoothie bowl is the perfect way to celebrate #HeartMonth. Enjoy!
CocoaVia is a dietary supplement and is not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. For more information about CocoaVia, visit www.CoocaVia.com.
Today's post is the first in a two-week series by bloggers of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. Be sure to check out the following blogs for more delicious drink recipes using CocoaVia:
- Diane at Cape Fear Nutrition
- Emily at Zen and Spice
- Georgie at In It For The Long Run
- Maryea at Happy Healthy Mama
- Meme at Living Well Kitchen
- Jennifer at The Fit Fork
- Julie at RDelicious Kitchen
- Amanda at The Wholesome Dish
- Ashley at Blissful Basil
- Kelly at The Pretty Bee
- Megan at With Salt and Wit
- Sonali at The Foodie Physician
- Gina at Running To The Kitchen
- Whitney at Sweet Cayenne
Start your day right this #HeartMonth w/ a protein-packed Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl! #ad @KristinaLaR Tweet this
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 small overripe banana, frozen
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries + additional for topping
- 1 scoop no sugar added vanilla protein powder
- 1 packet Unsweetened Dark Chocolate CocoaVia Supplement
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa dusted chocolate covered almonds, chopped
- Place almond milk, banana, raspberries, protein powder, and CocoaVia supplement in a blender and process until smooth. Smoothie will be thick.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with chopped almonds and raspberries.
- Serve immediately with a spoon.