With just 4 ingredients this slow cooker chili will quickly become your go-to for an easy chili recipe.
So let's face it. This week has been emotionally charged across the U.S. following the Presidential election. No matter whether their candidate won or lost, many folks feel this week was life changing — with some hoping the election means good things for their future and others worried deeply that the opposite is true.
So when I casually say my chili today is "life changing," you may feel like I’m using a touch of hyperbole.
I mean no disrespect to the deeper issues being considered following the election, nor do I want to minimize the conflict among my fellow citizens. But this is a food blog, and hyperbolic language about recipes is what food bloggers specialize in. I've had this recipe on my editorial calendar for a while and have called it "life changing" to friends long before this week's events. I make no claims that it will make you feel better or worse about the election, but this chili will forever change the way you view how easy chili can be and will very likely become a recipe that you make over and over.
So setting aside any more election talk, let’s get straight to the specific reasons this chili is so life changing.
- First, it’s 4 ingredients. I challenge you to put together a healthy dinner with fewer ingredients (calling pizza delivery doesn’t count).
- Second, it requires little to no effort. If you can brown ground beef, open a jar and few cans, you’re a master chili maker in the making.
- Third, it’s delicious. This one is self explanatory.
- Fourth, well did you read 1 through 3... do you really need another reason? If so, then consider that this recipe is made mostly with kitchen staples. You can pretty much always keep the ingredients on hand.
As with most things that seem too good to be true, there is one small caveat. It’s VERY important that you not take liberties with this recipe, specifically the beef and the pasta sauce I recommend below, with this last one being the most important.
Between myself and my friend Robin, we’ve both probably made this chili over the last year I’m guessing around 30 times.
“Good grief Regan! Why?”
It has turned into our go-to recipe we make for friends in need, impromptu dinners to feed a crowd or just an easy weeknight meal that requires little effort. I cautioned Robin the first time I shared my coveted recipe with her (it’s taken me a full year to actually get ready to share the recipe on the blog) about the importance of using the variety of pasta sauce mentioned below. She’s confirmed my guidance upon testing and re-testing… and now, I’m sharing it with you.
I know chili has zero connection to election results. But it is delicious. And that’s something we can all agree on.
W just 4 ingredients this slow cooker chili will quickly become your go-to for an easy chili recipe @healthyaperture Tweet this
4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 pound 85/15 ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans mild or medium chili beans
- 1 jar Classico tomato and basil spaghetti sauce
- Cook ground beef and drain.
- Combine cooked beef with remaining ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours.