Need some recipe inspiration for what to make with all that leftover turkey after Thanksgiving? Check out these Healthy Leftover Turkey Recipes .
~by Regan Jones, RD
Are you tired of turkey yet?
I know we're still a day away, but can't we all agree that leftover turkey recipes are one of the best parts of the holiday... turkey sandwiches, turkey hash, turkey enchiladas... you name it. If you can guild the turkey lily, so to speak, count me in!
That's the idea behind today's healthy leftover turkey recipe for Turkey Florentine Lasagna Rolls. They're quick, easy and take your post-Thanksgiving meal in a totally different direction beyond a plate of leftovers.
But I'm betting you'll have even more turkey than you need simply for lasagna rolls. That's one of the reasons I have this Pinterest Board of Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes. Ready to get cooking? Skip straight to the healthy leftover turkey recipes:
What about you? Is basic roasted turkey the highlight of your Thanksgiving or do your prefer all the yummy leftovers?
Who needs some easy recipes ideas to use up leftover Turkey? Check out these choices! @healthyaperture Tweet this
Turkey Florentine Lasagna Rolls
- 6 gluten free lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, pulled or chopped cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 tablespoons pesto
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Additional grated Pecorino-Romano cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions (do not overcook). Drain and lay noodles flat on a work surface. Cover with plastic wrap or damp towel to keep from drying out.
- Combine turkey and next 7 ingredients (through spinach).
- Spoon mixture evenly down each lasagna noodle and roll up. Place in prepared dish and bake, covered, at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated throughout.
- To serve, combine pesto and milk; spoon evenly over warm rolls. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.